Paph rothschildianum 'Commander' x self

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
First bloom plant. John M took the photos for me.

101_4314-2%20Wendys%20roth2-2.jpg

Very nice Commander selfing... I tend to like Commander selfs a lot actually, they are very easy to grow, and bloom very freely ( unlike the motherplant !). There were many named ones Blackbird, Whitethroat, Nightingale, and some more, quite a few have been awarded by the RHS. Blackbird can be really very dark, and it is one of the best breeders with the earlier crosses of Maudiae vini. roth BB x Maudiae vini actually gave many very good flowers, without any color break, and of good to excellent shape. I have a big plant of BB, but oddly enough, though it is a very free grower, I have never seen divisions of those roths on sale...

wow!! colours are very dark, impressive! :drool::drool::drool:

Thanks everyone. I can't wait for the next blooming...the flowers should be spectacular if this is what it does as a baby.

i hope i didnt get this wrong, but i believe i saw u and ur plants today at the SOOS monthly meeting today, am i rite?

but anyhow, it is still a very impressive plant--definitely gorgeous!!

**phew** it would be so bad if i made a mistake, haha. i really enjoyed all the plants u brought to the meeting yesterday. it was really awesome--imagine all the intense lights u must be supplying to get the multiflorals to grow and bloom so well. guess this is wat time/love/care results in ^^

btw, was the Phrag Paul Eugene Coneroy also yours? i cant remember

Latest posts

Back