Paph rothschildianum '266' x 'Red'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about the color on the back of the dorsal coming through in the PICs? I don't recall ever seeing red/maroon coloring on the back of a roth dorsal. What's your thought on that David?

Yes but not sure if the back has color on it as I can't see the back of it.

PS I know it is not a hybrid!

Are you talking about the color on the back of the dorsal coming through in the PICs? I don't recall ever seeing red/maroon coloring on the back of a roth dorsal. What's your thought on that David?

Rick - the back of the dorsal has a red stripe down the middle which is bleeding through into the front. It is only doing this because the light source is above/behind. If you look at the flower in a different light environment you don't even see the red stipe in the front of the flower.

Good looking roths. I have a plant from the same cross in bloom at the moment. It only has two blooms, but is the largest of all my roths to date with a NS of 33 cm. Sadly it does not have as good colour as yours.

Good looking roths. I have a plant from the same cross in bloom at the moment. It only has two blooms, but is the largest of all my roths to date with a NS of 33 cm. Sadly it does not have as good colour as yours.

That is an amazing size. Mine is not even close to that. I don't think Gary's was very big either. I'm sure mine will get bigger but I don't think it will ever reach 33 cm.

I will say our plants had to go through a stressful quarantine process, so the flowers should improve markedly.

Hey David . Nice to see your 266 x red turned out good also . What's the natural spread ? I remember mine wasn't that big ?

Regards
Ryan

Hey David . Nice to see your 266 x red turned out good also . What's the natural spread ? I remember mine wasn't that big ?

Regards
Ryan

From memory 22 cm or so. The petals were nowhere near horizontal so it is bigger than it sounds but still they weren't huge flowers. I had another roth in flower at the same time and those flowers were bigger. Still the flowers had nice shape and colour. The flowering growth was very small so it will improve on a bigger plant.

Latest posts

Back