Paph. rothschildianum (’Giant Wings’ GM/WOC x ‘X-Hot’ SSM/JOGA)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sure next time it's bigger it will be a great roth. Has potential to be amazing. I have one of this cross from Sam Tsui, but not bloom yet, hope the next year if I’m lucky like you.

Beautiful, I’m excited to see what it can do on a larger plant, it’s got great color and presentation! I for one would be interested to see some of the “not-so-good” flowers as well. We usually only see the best, but any cross is going to have a distribution of outcomes. Since most of us probably won’t ever have the chance to walk through Sam or Dave’s greenhouse at peak flowering, it could be instructive to see what other outcomes are possible. I’m also still coveting all that free bench space in that lovely greenhouse!

Beautiful, I’m excited to see what it can do on a larger plant, it’s got great color and presentation! I for one would be interested to see some of the “not-so-good” flowers as well. We usually only see the best, but any cross is going to have a distribution of outcomes. Since most of us probably won’t ever have the chance to walk through Sam or Dave’s greenhouse at peak flowering, it could be instructive to see what other outcomes are possible. I’m also still coveting all that free bench space in that lovely greenhouse!
Here is a couple of “not-so-good” Roth’s
First is ‘Giant Wings x X-Hot’
Second is ‘Tiger March x New Horizon’A90AC0BA-1DD2-44AA-91A6-3B7CBD881620.jpeg30ED6BDA-5E9C-4071-B4F5-B0D6D780DAD3.jpeg

Thanks for posting! I really like that Tiger March x New Horizon, it has potential. Great petal stance and a nice dorsal that looks like it opens pretty flat. It looks like the NS might be a little small, but I’d like to see it on a mature plant!
Here is a couple of “not-so-good” Roth’s
First is ‘Giant Wings x X-Hot’
Second is ‘Tiger March x New Horizon’View attachment 33800View attachment 33801

I agree. I want to see everything. If people only show the very best clones, then we get a false sense of reality of what the typical roth for a cross might look like. It would also be a bit demoralising when we flower our own roths. We would start to wonder why our own roths are always so average when everybody else's look amazing. :)

Nah, the breeding isn't nearly far enough along for that, and most of it is genetically bottlenecked by centering around a small handful of clones that have sired almost everything. It'll take 10-12 generations to fix them to the point that most would be great, unless someone decides to Terry Root them again with outcrosses.

Back