Paph. rothschidianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

h_mossy

Reaction score
Didn't think this would bloom since the plant is not very large yet. It has a tiny undeveloped bud that I don't think will grow any more. The petals are not straight, but the tips are still elongating so maybe by the time it is done, it will look better. Color is a brownish. I had hoped for more red.
Paph_rothschildianum_crop6.jpg

Entire plant
Paph_rothschildianum_plant_crop6.jpg

h_mossy

Reaction score
Thanks! (but, I'm still not really sure what I'm doing) I grow them outside, and sometimes I think the temps may be somewhat too warm for their liking.
This is not really my favorite multi-floral paph, but I had to try it out since most slipper folk tend to rave about these, I really wish I could find a Paph. kolopakingii locally, but most folks here have hybrids. This state is so restrictive that it is difficult to bring plants in.
Of the hybrids I've seen, I probably like Paph. PEOY the best. They just have such a stately look to them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks! (but, I'm still not really sure what I'm doing) I grow them outside, and sometimes I think the temps may be somewhat too warm for their liking.
This is not really my favorite multi-floral paph, but I had to try it out since most slipper folk tend to rave about these, I really wish I could find a Paph. kolopakingii locally, but most folks here have hybrids. This state is so restrictive that it is difficult to bring plants in.
Of the hybrids I've seen, I probably like Paph. PEOY the best. They just have such a stately look to them.
I don’t know the restrictions on shipping to your state. But, Orchid Inn has kolopakingii and a few different PEOY’s, might even be some in bud right now. I don’t think you need to worry about heat with Roth’s. I grow outside in Kentucky and 90+ F. happens here. They like heat.

NEslipper

Reaction score
Looks good, I love the dorsal! Maybe it will stay compact and you can start a line of mini-roths. What’s the cross?

h_mossy

Reaction score
I need to go check the tag. Never paid much attention to those, but when I get off work, I'll go see.

Thanks for looking. :) Thanks for the comments. :cool:Once it gets more size on it, who knows how it will turn out. 🌈

edit - I checked the Orchid Inn site, and they do have Paph. kolopakingii. Looks great, but I was going to start with the standard coloration vice an alba. Still very tempted, though. The PEOY I saw was pretty nice, too. The info was appreciated; now I'll be checking them from time to time to see what is available.

Last edited: