Paph roth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
This one came from ehanes, no way close to his roth's standards.

Paphroth1_zpsdc0c219e.jpg

Paphroth2_zps4280027c.jpg

Nothing too great but it's a flowering roth which counts for something. Is this one of the Z2135 crosses?

Hard to judge when the plant is small like this. It has great pouch colour, near solid red, good petal presentation and dorsal is boldly marked. I think this could surprise on subsequent bloomings when a bit bigger.

A multi-color growth hey? LOL
I like your thinking Gary. I'm on the same track it is blooming late in the season. Seeing how it shipped from the far NW of the USA to TX, it must of triggered a bloom hormone.

It has a nice deep red pouch. It is unusual how the petals quickly fall away at the ends. From memory mine had a superior petal stance on subsequent bloomings. So hopefully this one will too on a bigger plant.

Nothing personal Ed. Just comparing the three you got to bloom where of high quality and that this sibling doesn't come up to that level. In other words, not your personal standards but the plants:D

Well, there is variation in every cross, but I bet this one can do better on a stronger plant. Great colour so far.

I'll cut the spike and try for a re-bloom, hopefully in the cooler part of the year. I should get improvement.

Latest posts

Back