paph rod. mcclellan three star

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemmam

Reaction score
Does anyone recognize that name....everything but the 'star' part is clear on the tag which came from yard sale. its going to bloom, looks light in color.

Merry Christmas!

Paph. Rod McClellan is Sheerline x Golden Acres, a nice yellow-green from notable parents. It was first registered by McClellans, which operated as an orchid nursery in the San Francisco Bay Area, in the 1970s; the grex was more recently remade by Hillsview in the early 2000s. Your clone, ‘Three Star’, does not appear in any of the reference material I have, but, as this was a very well-distributed grex (including to England; at least one clone has an RHS award), unawarded named clones are not particularly surprising.

I remember when the McClellan's changed over their orchid nursery to something else..I was living in Fremont, Ca..1992 I believe..It was the end of an era in that area..The Tonkins and The Cattleya guy (Forsythe Orchids ?) in Livermore also...all gone in the same timeframe. My first Paph was a complex from McClellan's in that year

Rod McClellan's "Acres of Orchids", in South San Francisco, was one of my "must" stops when in the Bay Area. I can't tell you how many of their plants became carry-ons on my way back home.

Latest posts

Back