Paph. richardianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdlsreno

Reaction score
My Paph. richardianum flowered this one has better color and nicer proportion.

Ramon:)

Paph. richardianum
2388914680_d8e2f5e1db_b.jpg

I saw one of these in person for the first time in Piping Rock's display this past weekend. I never realized it's so tiny! Your's is very cute and great photo as always!

I like very much richardianum. Not so common but as it is a fast grower, you can more frequently fin growth division

Nice to see the real thing. Pay close attention to the fine hairs on the inflorescence and flower, shorter and less hirsute than lowii, but stil present unlike the completely glabrous Paph. lynniae. Here's a shot, again from the dark ages of digital photography, of the inflorescences of Paphs lynniae, haynaldianum, richardianum and lowii (highland). Sorry the plants are not in the shot:

1561.jpg

....Here's a shot, again from the dark ages of digital photography, of the inflorescences of Paphs lynniae, haynaldianum, richardianum and lowii (highland).
Hello Bob,

Your photo is really good for comparisons, on the one hand distinct differences like size and flower shape of the pictured species and on the other hand of the rapid progression in digital photography.

Best regards form Germany, GuRu

Me too, or neither.

Do you have a source? Don't see too many of these around. I think I like it even better than lowii.

I'm looking for one too. I know a grower in E Tennessee that has one, but I haven't checked with him in the last year or so to see if he has any divisions.

Latest posts

Back