Paph richardianum The Best

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Its only called the best because its my best out of the 4 I have. Bought 3 of them in Feb 2020 another I've had longer.
I find the petals to be the most fascinating part. At first glance one would think the tips are solid maroon with a sheen to them but in fact, the centers are a cream yellow in color. I include a closeup, hope it helps.20211228_173607.jpg20211228_173644.jpg20211228_173800.jpg20211228_173928.jpg

RIP

Paph. richardianum_386.jpg
Paph. richardianum_427.jpg

'MO' from JC at the zone (back in the day)

If anyone has a piece of this clone i'd love to get it $.... (PM me)

(sorry for the commercial interruption ;-) )

Ok on the commercial.
What happened? Rot?

multi faceted failure... lost it a few years ago... lost the lead.. then repotted and found it had a an unhappy bottom end... never recovered.. like to think those days are mostly behind me... but then again.. :)

Any cultivation tips? No success for this species for me.
That's always a tough question to answer because everyone's conditions are different.
I tend to be a heavy waterer so I use everything large in equal portions; bark, sponge rock and charcoal. Pack plants in trays for closeness. If moss establishes on the top of the mix even better. If you are too heavy on the feeding you will get algae not moss growing. I would suggest keeping the potassium low, such as the K-Lite formula.

That's always a tough question to answer because everyone's conditions are different.
I tend to be a heavy waterer so I use everything large in equal portions; bark, sponge rock and charcoal. Pack plants in trays for closeness. If moss establishes on the top of the mix even better. If you are too heavy on the feeding you will get algae not moss growing. I would suggest keeping the potassium low, such as the K-Lite formula.
Thanks for the tips. How about light intensity? High, medium or low? I have seen the wild habitat of this species that they grow in rock mountain covered by humus and vegetation. It seems to be dry in their habitat with considerable temperature difference between day and night.

Thanks for the tips. How about light intensity? High, medium or low? I have seen the wild habitat of this species that they grow in rock mountain covered by humus and vegetation. It seems to be dry in their habitat with considerable temperature difference between day and night.
I would say my light throughout the day is medium. As for temperature, mine doesn't change much between nights and days. Especially in the summer months, maybe 5-6 degrees Fahrenheit. Rarely below 80 at night in the summer. The thermostat is set at 60F in the winter for heat and the exhaust fans are set at 80F. So in the winter months I can get a 20 degree swing between night and day

Latest posts

Back