Paph richardianum 'Pale Richard'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've rarely seen It. Very happy plant, if memory serves well a relative to Paph haynaldianum.

I've rarely seen It. Very happy plant, if memory serves well a relative to Paph haynaldianum.
Sorry to say this. 🙏🏻 Years ago, in 1997 Gruss and Cribb were considered a variety of Paph lowii,. But in 2012 was considered in his checklist like an autonomous specie. This is from Braem’s book “The genus Paphiopedilum”

Sorry to say this. 🙏🏻 Years ago, in 1997 Gruss and Cribb were considered a variety of Paph lowii,. But in 2012 was considered in his checklist like an autonomous specie. This is from Braem’s book “The genus Paphiopedilum”
No worries JLOG! Thanks for clarification.

Very small flowers. Much more so then most lowii. Long, long stem and definitely different color then lowii. Probably should of never been consider a variety of lowii. Maybe a distant cousin.

Rick, nice to see this lovely flower. 👍 Merry Christmas to you and best wishes for a healthy and prosperous year 2022.

Years ago, in 1997 Gruss and Cribb were considered a variety of Paph lowii,. But in 2012 was considered in his checklist like an autonomous specie. This is from Braem’s book “The genus Paphiopedilum”
By now also O. Gruss joined the taxonomist who agree it to be a distinctive species. See his new book on pages 457 and 460.

Rick, nice to see this lovely flower. 👍 Merry Christmas to you and best wishes for a healthy and prosperous year 2022.

By now also O. Gruss joined the taxonomist who agree it to be a distinctive species. See his new book on pages 457 and 460.
Sorry Guru, I can’t explain well. What I mean is in 2012 O. Gruss and Cribb accepted like a distintive species. Love to can read the new book, but only it is in German language and to me is imposible to read it. Thank you for the info

Sorry Guru, I can’t explain well. What I mean is in 2012 O. Gruss and Cribb accepted like a distintive species. Love to can read the new book, but only it is in German language and to me is imposible to read it. Thank you for the info

No se cuando O. Gruss acepto que lo ser un especies distinto. En cuanto a su libro nuevo tengo una ventaja porque mi lengua materna es Aleman. Pero hay tambien muchas imagenes !

Merry Christmas to you as well Rudolf! Include all STers as well.
I have a better colored clone opening up at the moment but wanted to wait to see if it would hold multiple flowers so I could call it a MF😇
Now for the healthy part, that would be precarious! I have 3 kids with the covies and a number of coworkers out with the same! Its all around us! The omnicron is kicking our butts again at work but for now I'm in good health 😊

Love that you’re using Dr. Braem’s incredible book, which is still for sale by contacting him directly at [email protected] and worth every penny! Just want to remind folks that “specie” is a term for legal tender/money, whereas ‘species” denotes a discreet, unique form of life. Can’t help it, I’m compulsive.

No se cuando O. Gruss acepto que lo ser un especies distinto. En cuanto a su libro nuevo tengo una ventaja porque mi lengua materna es Aleman. Pero hay tambien muchas imagenes !
[/QUOTE
It makes me sad to have such a magnificent book and not know what it says. It also makes me want to buy it just for the images, but I think I want to believe that one day it could be printed in english, gracias Guru por tu esfuerzo por hablar mi idioma!! Estoy muy agradecido!!😃

Love that you’re using Dr. Braem’s incredible book, which is still for sale by contacting him directly at [email protected] and worth every penny! Just want to remind folks that “specie” is a term for legal tender/money, whereas ‘species” denotes a discreet, unique form of life. Can’t help it, I’m compulsive.
I have “the genus Phragmipedium” too😉 excellents books both. Thank you for your masterclass I really apreciatted because now I will never forget

De nada ! Desde hace unos años estoy aprendiendo hablar Español.....con mas o menos exito. Por eso escribir en Español es un placer para mi.
En todo lo que te pueda ayudar no dudes en preguntarme. Lo haces realmente bien!!👏👏

Back