Paph richardianum and haynaldianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the 2 has matured more and the 3rd is were the 2 was. The photo may not show the settle differences in color but in person the 3rd is a bit darker, more color in the dorsal, the petal tips are a little more saturated ( less white in the center) and the upper pouch is darker.
20200502_162609.jpg 20200502_162649.jpg

Your last pic of richardianum is the best I've ever seen, I've been to alot of orchid shows..if the bigger flower plant is the Same size as the more colorful flower plant, then I would cross the 2

Last edited:
I agreed wholeheartedly with your own view, that the flower of the second plant was very much an improvement on the first, and definately a keeper.... but then I discovered the second page of the thread and saw no. 3. WAUW! What a stunner! :)

Ps. I wondered, how you had room for three clones of this species, but judging from what one can see of it, your GH looks immense? Lucky you!

Guldal, I actually have a 4th plant from 2018 that's in growth mode rather than blooming mode.
The GH is of reasonable size for me, 14ft x 32ft and 12.5ft to the peak. The 2 outside benches are stacked. Meaning they're 3 or 4 benches on top of each other increasing my bench space considerably. With that said, only the top benches or the center row of benches have enough head room for long flower spikes. Not a problem so far.

Back