Paph repotting

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I repotted this Paph seedling in 1/31/20. 3.5” pot. 2A1D4CF0-CEED-481A-B454-539E2A983759.jpeg It seems to be happy. Only thing is, I’m having to water every 2-3 days. Pot is pretty firm when I squeeze it which tells me normally, it’s time to repot. How much do Paphs like to be pot bound? Since it’s not likely to bloom until January, by then it will clearly be pretty bound. Trying to figure out if I should repot to 4” now or wait.

As it is only 6 month since last repotting I would wait. Depending what it is repotting in January 2021 will not interfere with blooming. Most important for repotting is the condition of the potting medium.
What is it? (The tag looks like P. Harrissianum, but the leaves don't show any barbatum)

As it is only 6 month since last repotting I would wait. Depending what it is repotting in January 2021 will not interfere with blooming. Most important for repotting is the condition of the potting medium.
What is it? (The tag looks like P. Harrissianum, but the leaves don't show any barbatum)
You are seeing the back of the tag with the hybridized’s info. Sorry for not giving the name. It’s Paph. Rod McLellan ‘Hillsview’ (AM/AOS) x Sorcerer’s Stone ‘Yellow Desire’ from Hillsview Gardens. I got it as a tiny seedling in October 2018. Potted in Orchiata Power 66%, with Grow Stone 15%, and Charcoal 15%.
Thanks everyone for the input. It’s a bit of a pain to water this often but, as you say, it is happy, and I needed perspective.

Last edited:
I water my paphiopedilum every 2 -3 days as well during the warm summer months. They are actively growing and wick up the moisture in the pots. Orchiata bark is high quality barks so they will last more than a year or so before breaking down.

Latest posts

Back