Paph. randsii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful! With the green-white-purple colous it looks like spring...
Mine is still small.

Good work. Not easy!

I killed my large plant and only left with a medium size plant with 4 growths.

What culture made a difference for you?
Many paph hobbyists have misunderstandings on the cultural environment on this species. It requires relatively strong light intensity, high air humidity but medium to low humidity in the pot. If you grow it dim and water it heavily or use good water preserving growing material for them, you can hardly success to make them happy.

Wow, very nice and not to be seen very often. Congrats. 👌
Mine is growing well but so far I'm still waiting for a flower spike.

Many paph hobbyists have misunderstandings on the cultural environment on this species. It requires relatively strong light intensity, high air humidity but medium to low humidity in the pot. If you grow it dim and water it heavily or use good water preserving growing material for them, you can hardly success to make them happy.

And grow it warm year round! Very true that it needs a medium that dries out every 3 or 4 days and doesn't like wet feet! It can easily grow to 4 feet in leafspan.

Beautiful! Its a pity that it is seen so seldom in flower! Thanks for sharing!

Beautifully grown plant. Mine is blooming size now with a second growth well on its way but so far no flower spike. Thanks for sharing your success!

Back