Paph. Prince Edward of York

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

robert

I'm thinking of ordering one, or possibly several of these, and wondered if anyone knows if they are easy to bloom, and what the typical blooming size is.

Hi Robert,

I would buy the largest one you can possibly afford. With those two parents, they like to be large and mulit-growth before they bloom. I have one that has been mature for years now, 4 mature growths, no blooms. They are not the easiest, IMHO.

I got mine from Parkside and the cross is one with older parents ('Rex' x 'Deep Pockets')

I finally got my Julius (with 'rex' as a parent) to spike after a cold spot this fall, but I gave the PEOY the same treatment and nuthin!

I had a couple seedlings but sold them when this one proved so difficult.
I'm not trying to discourage you; only saying buy it as big as you possible can get it.

Good luck!

I agree...buy a nice sized one. Mine is a seedling from Orchid Inn. I bet I won't see any flowers for some years yet.

they can bloom on a large first growth and a 1/3 to 1/2 grown new start, but only if they're particularly well-rooted and happy.

Latest posts

Back