Paph. primulinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jens, this is a lovely yellow/green beauty....and when I count the remaining bractees at the stem....this must be the 5th or 6th flower. 👌

Jens, this is a lovely yellow/green beauty....and when I count the remaining bractees at the stem....this must be the 5th or 6th flower. 👌
GuRu, how many flowers can be bloom a Paph. primulinum?? Do you know??

It depends how strong the plant is and how many flowers the grower lets flower. But I think a strong plant can produce 8-10 flowers one by one.
I have one, but I think it’s a little bit crazy, cause began to bloom en April and no stop to bloom till now. Have now the flower number 7 and have another in the way. This perhaps can be normal. But the weird it’s that a new grow of this year begin to bloom now, in november.

paphio ✅ species ✅ albino ✅ beautiful flower ✅

...all my boxes checked Jens.. I'll take it !!!! :)

Btw, I never test how many sequential flowers these cochlopetalum species can produce as I tend to cut the stem after a few flowers. Prefer to have the plant put it's energy in a new shoot rather than making another extra flower on an ever narrowing stem. The cut stem usually gives me long pleasure as cut flower as well, sometimes even opening the next flower as well. (not trying to convice anybody to do the same, just sharing my practices)

paphio ✅ species ✅ albino ✅ beautiful flower ✅

...all my boxes checked Jens.. I'll take it !!!! :)

Btw, I never test how many sequential flowers these cochlopetalum species can produce as I tend to cut the stem after a few flowers. Prefer to have the plant put it's energy in a new shoot rather than making another extra flower on an ever narrowing stem. The cut stem usually gives me long pleasure as cut flower as well, sometimes even opening the next flower as well. (not trying to convice anybody to do the same, just sharing my practices)
Maybe I’ll cut the new stem, you’re right 👍🏻 and if I let her the second stem bloom sure waste a lot of energy

GuRu, how many flowers can be bloom a Paph. primulinum??
I've had another sequential bloomer from the section Cochlopetalum, P. victoria mariae, that flowered for 1 1/2 year on a nicely established plant, that without any difficulty produced 3 growths, while flowering.
So to paraphrase The Poet: "To cut or not to cut, that is the question?". On a small growth, a not so established plant, or a plant in stress of any kind, I wouldn't hessitate to reach for the shears. Otherwise, I would allow myself to indulge in the one flower after the other! 😛

I've had another sequential bloomer from the section Cochlopetalum, P. victoria mariae, that flowered for 1 1/2 year on a nicely established plant, that without any difficulty produced 3 growths, while flowering.
So to paraphrase The Poet: "To cut or not to cut, that is the question?". On a small growth, a not so established plant, or a plant in stress of any kind, I wouldn't hessitate to reach for the shears. Otherwise, I would allow myself to indulge in the one flower after the other! 😛
Jejejeje; well now I am doubting. the plant is established, and has yet another growth. 😬😁. it seems that it is strong ...

Attachments

• 211A40A9-979D-48C6-97C8-3C047DB9E59F.jpeg
    211A40A9-979D-48C6-97C8-3C047DB9E59F.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 15
  • B83C4402-2C83-4CF8-A3D2-21C0B0FB486E.jpeg
    B83C4402-2C83-4CF8-A3D2-21C0B0FB486E.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 8F2E5A6A-98FF-423C-A335-16CCA04B75F1.jpeg
    8F2E5A6A-98FF-423C-A335-16CCA04B75F1.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 15
I totally agree, my liemianum had been flowering for almost 2 years but was far from being a vigourous grower( maybe 2 veggy).
When flowering was over It stopped growing for a good while. Lesson learnt!

Aye Sir, this plant is strong, so if you like......you can let her flower like she likes it.
I am easy to convince if the aim is to see an orchid flower, decided! I don't cut it😁😁

Latest posts

Back