Paph prices in Australia. Will the bubble burst?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That bidding is just crazy. It has to be from someone/people who just don't check nursery lists. It just doesn't compute as to why anyone would pay this amount for any orchid these days.

For those outside of Australia, Avril's Gold this would be the choice Australian native that is highly sort after. This would have to be close to the nicest clone I have seen. The colour and shape is amazing. I've seen Avril's Gold go for $500-600 but nothing like this.

I wonder if this was won by someone like Wayne Turville who was willing to pay whatever it took. I guess we will find out if we start seeing mericlones for sale.

$108!!!! for that. I wouldn't pay $10 for it. The only reason he got that price was because of my photos. He stole them and used them without my permission. It would have added $100 to the price. Heck, I would be happy to sell my plant for that price and it is 6 or more growths as well as being the actual plant of those flowers!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SPECIES-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Latest posts

Back