Paph praestans

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
I am really happy with this years flowering. It has been quite a few years since I have flowered it well. The growths are much stronger than previous. Strange time of year to be flowering though. It normally flowers around October-November.

Paph praestans

That's terrific! However, since it's blooming now, it must really want to be in the Northern Hemisphere. I volunteer to give it a good home! ;) I figured I'd get in a shameless plug before NYEric this time!

That's terrific! However, since it's blooming now, it must really want to be in the Northern Hemisphere. I volunteer to give it a good home! ;) I figured I'd get in a shameless plug before NYEric this time!

LOL. It has taken me about six years to get this plant strong again so I might hold on to it for a little longer. :) I must have had this plant nearly 15 years now in total. It is finally starting to form a nice clump.

LOL. It has taken me about six years to get this plant strong again so I might hold on to it for a little longer. :) I must have had this plant nearly 15 years now in total. It is finally starting to form a nice clump.

Well, it's pretty awesome right now. I'll look forward to posts of future bloomings.....maybe if it's clumping, it'll begin to give you multiple inflorescenses in the coming years? That would be some incredible eye candy!:clap:

wow wow wow I have just got my self a seedling if this species gonna be a while but i have it, hopefull it will half as good as yours

That's pretty darn good. Mine took a while to clump. But once it starts, they're pretty consistent on putting growths. Repotting is hard, roots are really thin and brittle for this species. Similar to wilhelminae.

Latest posts

Back