Paph. Poulsbo

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
Paph. Poulsbo (kolopakingii x praestans)

I bought this from Wendy, who got it from her Mom, who got it at the Redlands show in 2004. When I got the plant, there was one nice, unbloomed growth and one old bloomed growth that was going soft. Eventually, it came off, one leaf at a time. However, in its' place, there are 4 new growths coming up from the single (now), blooming growth. They are all about 1/2 mature. I can't wait for them to come into bloom all together....I hope! I hang this plant up high, with the Vandas.....full sun in winter and 50% shade in summer.

101_0299-2.jpg

101_0264-2.jpg

101_0289-2.jpg

101_0277-2.jpg

Heather said:
I always enjoy your posts, JohnM. And this is no exception. And Wendy rocks. : )

So...

Keep 'em coming if you please. Sweet twisting.
(and that would be me, adding to my absurd post count....but not for that reason; this is sweet!)

Heather
Grex Whore

Marco
Lost, finding my way home

SlipperFan
Awarded Stud

kentuckiense
Banned

PHRAG
Admin

Gideon
Awarded Stud

Jmoney
Hater Mofo

Greenpaph
Specimen

Rick
Specimen

Jon in SW Ohio
Reefer, the legal kind

lienluu
Aircone Addict

Heather said:
I always enjoy your posts, JohnM. And this is no exception. And Wendy rocks. : )

So...

Keep 'em coming if you please. Sweet twisting.
(and that would be me, adding to my absurd post count....but not for that reason; this is sweet!)

Really awesome photos (and flowers!) I wish my photos turned out nearly half as decent. still playing and trying to figure out how to use my camera

Thanks everyone! It is my pride and joy at the moment.

Tadd, Wendy already had one. She got it at the Redlands show from the same Vendor as her Mom. Then, when Wendy bloomed hers, she got an HCC! Poor Wendys' Mom didn't get to enjoy hers' though, because when the flowers were just opening, the dogs knocked it off the shelf it was on and snapped the spike. :mad: This blooming for me is the first time it has rebloomed since its' "accident".

lienluu said:
Really awesome photos (and flowers!) I wish my photos turned out nearly half as decent. still playing and trying to figure out how to use my camera

I don't have a fancy camera Lienluu. It's just a 3.1 MegaPixel Kodak EasyShare. However, I like to use only natural light with the flash off. I do a lot of adjusting of the exposure setting to make sure that at least some of my photos are not overexposed, or underexposed. I take about 3 or 4 photos for every 1 that I end up liking and keeping.

When I'm posting on the forum, I do not reduce the file size, as I've noticed that makes for a very crappy quality photo on the forum. So, since I'm on dial-up, it takes quite a while for me to upload my photos to Photobucket; but, I think it's worth the wait.

In preparation for posting on the forum, I also reduce the photo size to be appropriate, I crop where needed, sometimes I adjust the brightness and I almost always sharpen the photos before uploading. 'Hope this helps.

Thanks for your compliments.

Well done John!!!!! :clap: Gee, maybe I should have kept it eh?....Nah, it wouldn't have looked this nice for me. I can't wait to see it in person.:D

Super looking bloom. I have two of these one much larger than the other and both plants it seems to me are getting ready to throw spikes. the larger of the two should be spiking this fall for sure they take up some space but are worth it.

Thank you Wendy and Rayb.:)

Heather said:
Ack!
John M, You made me go looking for one! :sob:
So, my evil plan has worked, eh? You're cravings will haunt you until you have one of your own? Heh, heh, heh!:evil: Maybe Wendy can tell you which Vendor had them at the Redlands show. It's worth inquiring with them to see if they still have this cross.:wink:

Back