Paph. Pinocchio

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A bit wonky but I like the color.
pinoccihio005.jpg

I saw a flask of these for sale the other day.......if they didn't need heat I might buy a few.......lol.

Yours is beautiful, a great example.

It's got character! The dorsal is a bit lopsided but who cares! The color is nice!

Wow, looks like an "actual" Pinocchio too! To explain myself, looks like primulinum X glaucophyllum instead of prim X moquettianum (ex glauco var. moq). Look at the dorsal... moq tends to give what look like little dimples (yes, small physical depressions) on the dorsal sepal and, if it gives any dorsal patterning, tends to be small speckles. Yours appears to have a fairly smooth dorsal with fine stripes. Screams glauco.

-Ernie

Ernie, I'm glad someone still makes the distinction. I'm still mad because last week someone stole [sniped] an album Pinocchio from me on eBay! :mad:

I like your pinocchio much better than mine because of the darker petals.

My pinocchio was in bloom and second bud is coming, I hope that you can make the parent distinction on mine. I didn't like the photos of it by itself (I don't know why the photos were bad, maybe its second bloom will be more photogenic.
561313.jpg

DSCN1706.jpg

Fren, Your Pinocchio probably uses moquettianum (or glauco var. moq if you wish, but that's not my personal opinion) instead of "straight" glaucophyllum. Thanks for posting. Look at its dorsal. Little dimples all over it.

-Ernie

Latest posts

Back