Paph. Pinocchio

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mkline3

:)I am very proud of this one. The first paph. I have ever re-bloomed. I got it at the NCOS fall show in 2007, and a year later is started blooming. Has been in bloom for 2 months, it is on it's second flower and has at least3 or 4 more buds to go.

I bought it labeled Paph. Pinocchio, (I bought it from Wood Stream Orchids), but when I took it into the Hollin's Hill Orchid club meeting 2 people said that it wasn't Pinocchio. It was my understanding that Pinocchio is somewhat variable. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• redone.jpg
    redone.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 61
Pinocchio it is, there are F2 and F2 Pinocchio's around, so variation is high. There are also albino Pinocchio's around that are the result of F2 or F3 line breeding.

Lovely, vivid color, nice shape, your plant is one I would be quite happy to flower.

Oh I am very glad to hear that is is in fact Pinocchio!

NYEric, I haven't done the paph symposium yet, but I am hoping to go next year.

Mkline3- Very Nice colouring! Congratulations!
Persephone- i know what you mean... I have one which started reblooming in december for the first time since I bought it in flower in summer 2006 !(although it kept on blooming for a year) & It's now on it's 3rd flower with a couple buds forming & I just noticed whilst watering yesterday that it's going to bloom off another growth -spike just starting to come through!!
I was just looking at photos of the plant when I first got it and now & am happy to say it has more than trebled in size...one needs to be very patient with paphs not like other species!!

SlipperFan. thanks for the link to the google image gallery! It sure does vary, and I am glad to have it's name not in doubt. When somone at the meeting said I shouldn't call it Pinocchio becase it "clearly wasnt" and it would be confusing, I said, "well I'm going to call it Pinocchio, because there is only one Pinocchio in my house!"

SlipperFan. thanks for the link to the google image gallery! It sure does vary, and I am glad to have it's name not in doubt. When somone at the meeting said I shouldn't call it Pinocchio becase it "clearly wasnt" and it would be confusing, I said, "well I'm going to call it Pinocchio, because there is only one Pinocchio in my house!"

:clap:

Latest posts

Back