Paph Pinocchio "album"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirGo

having a soft spot for albino slipper species
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a cross between the albino forms of both glaucophyllum and primulinum.
There is some diversity in the offspring of this hybrid, but I really love this paler color form very much.

I cannot take any credit for the great quality of plant and flower, as it came to me in flower from Exotic Plant Company.

pinochio album.jpg

Dirk, this is another beauty in your album/albescent collection. As Tom already mentioned, the the contrast between the emerald-ivory in the dorsal is lovely.
..... Is pouch a bit blushed with a pink tint?
Leslie, I think this should be only due to the light in the photo.

Dirk, this is another beauty in your album/albescent collection. As Tom already mentioned, the the contrast between the emerald-ivory in the dorsal is lovely.

Leslie, I think this should be only due to the light in the photo.
I believe so, too. I have had these and the pouch were either pure white or had just a hint of cream/yellow cast to it.

I can confirm, there is absolutely no red pigment in this flower, so a valid albino color form.
Thanks for all the very nice comments!

Lovely, Dirk! 😍

Rather than album, though, I suppose fma alboviride might be a more proper designation for this colour form.

What's its size, by the way? Same as other Pinocchios - or slightly smaller?

Lovely, Dirk! 😍

Rather than album, though, I suppose fma alboviride might be a more proper designation for this colour form.

What's its size, by the way? Same as other Pinocchios - or slightly smaller?
Thank you Jens, I fully agree that Paph Pinocchio fma alboviride would have been the name if I had the opportunity to name this white/green color form. But it was purchased as "Pinocchio album form" and to honor that I kept the title as Paph Pinocchio "album" (with "album" as cultivar name and not a color form) to acknowledge that botanically it is not a pure white album form.

Flower size is similar to the regular color forms of Pinocchio.

Just my 2 cents worth DirGo, that is one of the post attractive Phals. Of that type that I have ever seen!! It has all been said already so I agree completely. Congratulations!! Just spectacular! 🥰

Thank you Jens, I fully agree that Paph Pinocchio fma alboviride would have been the name if I had the opportunity to name this white/green color form. But it was purchased as "Pinocchio album form" and to honor that I kept the title as Paph Pinocchio "album" (with "album" as cultivar name and not a color form) to acknowledge that botanically it is not a pure white album form.

Flower size is similar to the regular color forms of Pinocchio.
Ah, now I understand the inverted commas!

You could also have called it 'Albumblatt' -.making a pun on the fact, that album = white, and Blatt = green, and at the same time alluded to its light composition! 😉

Latest posts

Back