Paph. Pine Glow x P. vietnamense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nikv

Hi!

This is a Paph. Pine Glow x P. vietnamense 'October Bride' that I recently purchased from Ernie at EnLightened Orchids in his Beat the Heat Sale. He mentioned that the plant I would get would be in spike. It recently opened and I'm very pleased with it. The flower is huge! It has a natural spread of 4.75 inches from tip to tip. Would be even more if I spread out the petals. The pouch does have a dent in it, but that sort of thing isn't unusual for a first-bloom seedling. Also, it seems to have inherited the sequential bloom capability from the Pine Glow parent. There will be one and maybe two more flowers after this one!

First, the flower:
IMG_0695a.jpg

And the plant:
IMG_0698a.jpg

And as close as I can get to the staminode:
IMG_0705a.jpg

Best Regards,
Nik

Cool! Yeah these have been really beefy, colorful flowers! The pouches are fuzzy too. I'll bet the second, third, etc open up nicer- it was a pretty "puffy" bud when it went out. Great start though.

-Ernie

Hi!

Just an update on this one. This flower is still going strong. I thought that vietnamense and it's hybrids were notoriously short lived, but this flower has remained strong for weeks. It has a spread of six inches! I never thought the flower would be so large given it's parentage. The petals are a bit recurved, but I'm not complaining.

IMG_0776a.jpg

IMG_0777a.jpg

The next flower on the stem is starting its growth, so I guess this flower will drop off soon. I'm hoping the next one doesn't have a dented pouch.

Best Regards,
Nik

Latest posts

Back