Paph philippinense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the pouch and petal contrast, and the plant certainly looks happy. Great growing!

WOW awesome pictures - great looking plant! So is the purpose of the double potting that the net pot allows the roots to breath but the outside pot holds the moisture around the roots at the same time? Again beautiful plant!

Great results and well done on these roots! and very nice flowers too! Maybe something to consider... I have used the double pot also for many years. It for sure gives stunnng results in root growth. For me the challenge started when having to report and sometimes damaging a lot of the precious roots due to the small holes. This is why I abandoned this setup after a while. I now use a (inner) pot with larger circular holes ( I poked in with a round soldering iron ) which give far less damage when reportting.

WOW awesome pictures - great looking plant! So is the purpose of the double potting that the net pot allows the roots to breath but the outside pot holds the moisture around the roots at the same time? Again beautiful plant!
Correct

Great results and well done on these roots! and very nice flowers too! Maybe something to consider... I have used the double pot also for many years. It for sure gives stunnng results in root growth. For me the challenge started when having to report and sometimes damaging a lot of the precious roots due to the small holes. This is why I abandoned this setup after a while. I now use a (inner) pot with larger circular holes ( I poked in with a round soldering iron ) which give far less damage when reportting.
With this plant i may have an issue with root loss because there are so many. Other plants slip out quite easily with carefull encourage. Most repotting i just knock out the old and add new leaving the pot and plant as is.

Latest posts

Back