Paph philippinense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h_mossy

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying out Flickr to see if I can post photos.

Both of these are 2nd blooms for me. One has two spikes with 5 & 4 blooms, I think.

The other photo has 6 blooms, the 7th was too small and dried up - maybe next time. Longer petals, and not as twisted as the first one. 2nd spike starting, too.

First bloom of third Paph philippinense from the same cross is pushing up two spikes, but too soon to see what it will be like. None of the three show any influence from the 'alboflavum' parent. The cross is: Paph. philippinense (JEM AM/AOS x fma alboflavum 'Sterling')

I still don't know when is a good time to stake upright, or IF to stake upright. I have a small Paph parishii that I don't think would look right if staked up. Any recommendations on when to stake would be appreciated.

40638573345_0560f4dbd2_b.jpg

39723099890_b17868971d_b.jpg

(props to ehanes7612 for better way to post the photos)

if you want to post the actual picture also as some people can't access links..flickr>image>'view all sizes' in right lower corner (click on arrow pointing downward) >control click (for a mac) >'copy image address'

if you want to post the actual picture also as some people can't access links..flickr>image>'view all sizes' in right lower corner (click on arrow pointing downward) >control click (for a mac) >'copy image address'

Worked great, thanks. Now I need to get better at the photos.

Love this species. Looks to be a very large, well grown plant. Do you grow it very bright?

I notice that although letting it arch presents blooms well, especially if they have long petals that tend to hang down, if there are 5 blooms or more the stem is rather stressed. I think if I use something to support some of the weight at the base or maybe somewhere near mid-way it might help. I need to come up with something that will not take away from the appearance though.

Thanks for all the comments!

Latest posts

Back