Paph philippinense X gardeneri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Some would call this hybrid Deena Nicol but that's praestans X philipp so I'm keeping the parents up front until it has a new name.:D
PphilippXwilhelminae1.jpg

Last year it had 2 spikes with 3 flowers each. This year 2 spikes but only 2 flowers each. (stronger sun lite!)
PphilippXwilhelminae2.jpg

Quite nice. The actual Deena Nicol's are reported to be extremely hard to flower for the first time. They have a tendancy to grow to big plants first. How did this one perform??

It seems easy Roy. 1 mature growth with 2 starts the first time, 2nd time 2 spikes 4 starts, 3rd -2spikes 4 to 6 starts. At this point I'm getting more growths then spikes but hopefully that will change:)

Real nice, no matter what the parents. I think that the nomenclature is totally messing up the hybrids. Most people have gardineri, wilhelminae, glanduliferum and praestans all mislabelled and without seeing pictures of the registered parents --- God knows the proper names!

Love it!

:clap::clap:

Real nice, no matter what the parents. I think that the nomenclature is totally messing up the hybrids. Most people have gardineri, wilhelminae, glanduliferum and praestans all mislabelled and without seeing pictures of the registered parents --- God knows the proper names!

Love it!

:clap::clap:

I'm in total agreement Peter

Back