Paph. philippinense in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right Michael, and yours Is a good one for sure!

Beautiful! Love the dorsal and the dark twisted petals. Looks like a pretty compact grower too, congrats!

Hear, hear... love both the colouring of the dorsal and the long petals... not to speak of the all over harmonious form of the flower. And the plant itself looks very well grown. Good work! 👏👏👏

Beautiful… how do you induce flowering? I have a few large ones here growing warm all year with no buds for years.
I live in Florida, keep outside year round in a pergola type greenhouse, provide any Philip and Philip hybrids more light than other strap leaves (70-80% natural sunlight filtered thru screen and fiberglass roof), if temps over 80F fans 24-7, if temp under 50F heaters to keep 55-60F, water when dry never soaking wet but never bone dry, fertilize weakly weekly in warm weather - weakly monthly in cooler weather with 24-8-16 and
Pray, chant, hope and complain that I have more not in bloom than in bloom

Last edited:
I can’t claim to be an expert, but I grow mine next to my roths, so it gets a noticeable chill down in winter. Hot in summer. It bloomed last year (LINK), so maybe try giving them a cold snap? I also push the light to the point I’ve noticed yellow lines on the leaves that follow the pattern of my blinds, lol.
Beautiful… how do you induce flowering? I have a few large ones here growing warm all year with no buds for years.

I can’t claim to be an expert, but I grow mine next to my roths, so it gets a noticeable chill down in winter. Hot in summer. It bloomed last year (LINK), so maybe try giving them a cold snap? I also push the light to the point I’ve noticed yellow lines on the leaves that follow the pattern of my blinds, lol.
Thanks, I'll try that next season.

Latest posts

Back