Paph. philippinense alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandaalex

Reaction score
The last time it bloomed was 3 years ago. The first flower opened early this month.

ry%3D320

I'm not too fond of albas in general, but I like this one! philippinense is one of my favorite species of Paph! Now, if only I could grow it...actually, I haven't tried yet, but I'm trying to stay away from the warm-growing ones, cause I grow a bit cooler. What are your temps?

In all honesty, I'd consider phil to be one of the easiest growing paphs. The only problem I've ever had is that it is more prone to rot if water is left on the lower parts of the leaves.

I think its gorgeous...I'm looking forward to some alba lebaudyanum's to reach flowering size...and I just bought a cross of In-Charm White x philipinense alba with 3 blooms...Eric

I grow most of my Paphs in the basement underlight, temps about 60's winter and 70's F in the summer. I actually didn't noticed the inflorescence until mid July and I was totally surprise!

Very lovely, looks like it needs a fun vacation to NYC! :D
Eric, do you offer fun vacations in NYC ?? If so I'll order one!! :D

@ Alex, that's very nice P. philippinense alba. BTW it is described as P. philippinense f. alboflavum by O. GRUSS.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

I grow most of my Paphs in the basement underlight, temps about 60's winter and 70's F in the summer. I actually didn't noticed the inflorescence until mid July and I was totally surprise!

Min winter temps in the '60's? That's what I mean - too warm. I could give it a try, and see if it is adabtable, but my min. temps are usually about 10C - 14C (about 50F - 58F).

Back