Paph. Pascal Sauvêtre (Paph. glaucophyllum x Paph. helenae)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_B.

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was looking to buy Paph. helenae this year but since they all seemed sold out for the foreseeable future, I decided to try this hybrid from Hausermann's in Chicago.
Received it in April of 2020, repotted it, and it really took off; rewarding the effort with a flower already (plus two new growths developing).
I was particularly intrigued by the lack of photos of an actual plant of this cross.... thought maybe that meant it was going to be an ugly duckling.
Height is 6.5 cm, Width is 8 cm and leaf span is right at 11 inches.
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about this result, considering it's parentage.

Attachments

• Paph Pascal Sauvetre plant.jpg
    Paph Pascal Sauvetre plant.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Paph Pascal Sauvetre front.jpg
    Paph Pascal Sauvetre front.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Paph Pascal Sauvetre close.jpg
    Paph Pascal Sauvetre close.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Paph Pascal Sauvetre back.jpg
    Paph Pascal Sauvetre back.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 21
thank you so much for posting a pic of this cross! i also purchased a pascal sauvetre from OBH back in july 2020, but only had my imagination to go on because of the lack of pictures. my leaf span is only about 8" across so now i know 11" across is my target bloom size. thank you for that! anything special you are doing with yours to get it to grow so quickly other than repotting?

i had imagined a bubblegum pink pouch helenae-looking flower when i first read the parentage. do you think the pouch will lighten over time? also surprised the glaucophyllum spots didn't show up in the petals. super excited about what mine will look like! thank you again for posting!

I agree it is quite nice. Most of the flowers I have seen that have one cochlopetalum parent show quite a bit of influence from that parent. The little helenae has held it off at least by half.
Don

thank you so much for posting a pic of this cross! i also purchased a pascal sauvetre from OBH back in july 2020, but only had my imagination to go on because of the lack of pictures. my leaf span is only about 8" across so now i know 11" across is my target bloom size. thank you for that! anything special you are doing with yours to get it to grow so quickly other than repotting?

i had imagined a bubblegum pink pouch helenae-looking flower when i first read the parentage. do you think the pouch will lighten over time? also surprised the glaucophyllum spots didn't show up in the petals. super excited about what mine will look like! thank you again for posting!

It's only been open for one full day. I'll post again in a week. It seems to like to grow warm and bright (84-68 F) day/night temps. High output biaxial lights running 16 hours in the summer and 14 hours in winter months.

I was surprised also with the outcome of this hybrid. :)

I like it a lot, the dorsal is quite striking. Good choice for sure and I'll bet you would have waited longer for helenae to bloom.

Back