Paph. parishii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

This is supposed to be my nicest Paph. parishii... it's awarded 'SW College' AM/AOS. This isn't the greatest blooming; only 3 blooms, which I chalk up to the fact that it's a somewhat recent division and blooming out of season (for this plant).

I'm going to try to do a 3D, but this spike doesn't extend above the leaves, so I'm not sure how it will work. Wish me luck :)

paph-parishii-sw1.jpg

I have another parishii in double spike; will post photos soon.

- Matt

Excellent! Early in the season for a parishii.....when I had one that bloomed, they always opened in the spring....Take care, Eric

WOW Still a great looking flower

Hi, I found that mine dosn't flower each year - it seems to need a recovery year - what have you all found from growing this please -
thanks Billie

Hey Billie,

Actually, my parishii have bloomed every year for me... in fact, the plant that I have in double spike now ALSO bloomed last spring with two spikes. With this plant, I've found that I have fewer blooms per spike when I have more spikes... but it may just be that the plant isn't as happy as it once was :)

Anyway, I grow my parishiis in CHC mixed with a good amount of LECA; it drains pretty quickly and dries well, but I water it frequently... every other day, sometimes with an extra day or two in there, depending on the conditions. I do grow them pretty warm, too... temperatures are generally in the 80s during the day, year round.... in the high 70s briefly during the winter.

I have, however, been fertilizing them pretty lightly.... I might be able to get the flower count up with more fertilizer, but I'd rather have fewer blooms than burned roots or leaf tips :)

- Matt

Hmmm.....I always grew parishii cool....dry in the winter, with no fertilizer between Nov and Feb....I used to have one that bloomed more than once...now I only have 2 seedlings...Eric

Latest posts

Back