Paph. parishii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share with you all. It sits directly behind my neos in front of a fan an area that I consider subprime but it seems to love it. This paph is my quickest growing paph species! I would even go as far as to say quicker than some of my phals.

This was when I picked it up at in November last year

parishii.jpg

This is it now

paphparishii0819070555pm.jpg

Just curious as to what LS these typically have to be at to be considered blooming size?

Thanks

Nice growing! I had heard they were pretty slow growers, but you seem to have found it a spot it likes.

Hey Marco,

I've never seen one bloom on a single growth, but I've only ever seen a few of them bloom, so that might not mean anything. That growth looks like its really close to being mature, though.

That mature growths on my plants measure approx. 14-16 inches.

- Matt

When the second growth starts, you will be withing a few months of seeing a flower stem on the older growth. Easy species to grow, not a common Paph anymore. We need to get a few seed populations started again.

Peter - my cheapo light meter says 2500 fc thats from my supplemental light which is on about 12 hours plus about 2-3 hours natural light in the morning

Didn't we get parishii's from OL at about the same time?? How is your's doing?

Latest posts

Back