• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paph parishii pollen

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

The parishii that I have in spike now is a division of an awarded plant, 'SW College' AM/AOS. Doesn't look like it will be the greatest blooming, perhaps just because it was divided last year... looks like it will hold only 4 blooms this year, but when it was awarded, it had 8 or 9 on a spike with great color and impressive size.

I have some pollen saved from another parishii, this one:

paph-parishii5.jpg

This one has been pulled for judging, but didn't have deep enough color the time that it was considered, and I didn't use a light mover, so the dorsals were turned to one side. Its a great plant (8 blooms/spike on the first blooming), so I'll use this pollen if I don't find anything better, but I thought I'd check around.

What I'd really like is pollen from one of the more recent crosses that have a higher bloom count, like 'Jeanie' AM/AOS and a few others I've heard of that carry a dozen blooms or more. I've heard of another called '13 flowers' or something like that, too.

But I'd consider any parishii pollen :)

TIA!

- Matthew Gore

Just thought I'd let you know that the Phal. stuartiana and the Paph.callosum got here ok.:)

Thanks,

I don't think I posted these photos of this year's blooms, but maybe I did. Not as many blooms as last year, but two spikes (and the plant carried two pods until January.

paph-parishii07a.jpg

and

paph-parishii07b.jpg

I took photos for a 3D of this blooming, but since the spike didn't reach above the level of the leaves, it didn't really work out, and I haven't published it. I'll try again when 'SW College' blooms... the spike is already getting tall.

- Matt

That's fantastic Matt.

I have a parishii that's been in low spike for 2 months now. Last year it blasted, but this round looks a bit healthier. If it blooms I'll be looking for pollen.

Latest posts

Back