Paph.parishii ('Jeanie' x 'Andy')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lo

viewing again, noting how luscious and perfect the foliage is. I realize it’s big...I use big smooth river stones in my plastic pots to balance...what about slipping it down into a larger (porous/breathable) cache pot? I do this a lot...so far has worked. I know nothing of parishii’s specific requirements but am feeling all bold because I’ve got a roth opening! Any tips for not immediately failing with this species?

I found with my 2 plants from Sam that acclimating from greenhouse to indoors takes a bit of time and during this period they can be prone to fungal infection. They also hate repotting. These 2 factors can cause some older foliage to die off, experience cell collapse, etc. keep an eye on the leaf tips.

I’m using normal clear plastic pots with very open/ porous mix. A good amount of charcoal and hydroton for aeration - always a good amount of inorganics to avoid repotting. You should see a flush of root growth in spring and good steady foliage growth. A very fast growing & rewarding multi imo. If repotting is absolutely necessary I think late Feb/March is best. They seem to be sensitive to these type of setbacks and it can thwart blooming, which is why none of mine have bloomed... yet! Lol

- P x

I found with my 2 plants from Sam that acclimating from greenhouse to indoors takes a bit of time and during this period they can be prone to fungal infection. They also hate repotting. These 2 factors can cause some older foliage to die off, experience cell collapse, etc. keep an eye on the leaf tips.

I’m using normal clear plastic pots with very open/ porous mix. A good amount of charcoal and hydroton for aeration - always a good amount of inorganics to avoid repotting. You should see a flush of root growth in spring and good steady foliage growth. A very fast growing & rewarding multi imo. If repotting is absolutely necessary I think late Feb/March is best. They seem to be sensitive to these type of setbacks and it can thwart blooming, which is why none of mine have bloomed... yet! Lol

- P x
Wow thank you!! I will definitely keep all this in mind. Does it need high humidity though? Any rest period? I’m checking Sam’s list now...will try to visit his place in February.

Will reserve for my next visit to Sam’s paradise! Stunner.
Just letting everyone know that Sam Tsui of Orchidinnusa.com 4th of July sale ends tomorrow. Discounts starting at 10% for all orders going up as high as 35% through July 15 2020.

Second flowering of this one. 7 blooms this time.
845bca3e-3104-4e95-bdf3-d0484b1b2255-jpeg.35503
FF482157-903C-4385-8456-BF13AFF28F69.jpegDB89C229-8E34-4C9F-AB83-EA8FAF66FBB0.jpeg

Attachments

• 845BCA3E-3104-4E95-BDF3-D0484B1B2255.jpeg
    845BCA3E-3104-4E95-BDF3-D0484B1B2255.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 72

Latest posts

Back