Paph.parishii ('Jeanie' x 'Andy')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redtwist

Crownrot Prince
Reaction score
IMG_0352.JPG IMG_0355.JPG IMG_0357.JPG
Chuffed to win Best Paph Species at the British Paph Society (BPS) annual meeting with this first flowering parishii.
Bought as a single growth seedling 3years ago from Sam Tsui.
Dorsals have twisted more than I would have hoped but pleased with 6 flowers.
Chris UK

Beautiful! Plants like yours remind me why this is my favorite species. I can only hope mine will bloom this well. Jeanie x Long Red Twister I believe.

Please share your culture if you don’t mind! - P x

Thanks for all the kind comments.
As regards culture, I don’t treat it any differently to my other Paphs - I grow them indoors in winter (I’m in the UK) and they go outside for the summer months. I water with rainwater with a little tap water added and feed 3 times out of 5 with a balanced fertiliser with added calcium, the 4th time I do a seaweed extract/magnesium heavy feed, and the 5th time I flush with clean water. Weaker strengths in winter, 3-500microsiemens in summer.
My only observations on this species is that it seems happier in a darker spot than many others and seems very tolerant of dry/wet extremes. The leaves are very heavy - hard to keep the pot well balanced as it grows.
Hope that helps
Chris

thanx for the tips. What does your water/fertilizer measure in the winter? and just out of curiousity do you use any humic acid with your seaweed extract treatment?

I feed 150-300 in winter and no, nothing that technical. I use lemon juice to knock the ph down to 6.5 if it gets to high though

Lo
View attachment 17888 View attachment 17889 View attachment 17890
Chuffed to win Best Paph Species at the British Paph Society (BPS) annual meeting with this first flowering parishii.
Bought as a single growth seedling 3years ago from Sam Tsui.
Dorsals have twisted more than I would have hoped but pleased with 6 flowers.
Chris UK

viewing again, noting how luscious and perfect the foliage is. I realize it’s big...I use big smooth river stones in my plastic pots to balance...what about slipping it down into a larger (porous/breathable) cache pot? I do this a lot...so far has worked. I know nothing of parishii’s specific requirements but am feeling all bold because I’ve got a roth opening! Any tips for not immediately failing with this species?

Latest posts

Back