Paph papuanum "alboviride" (*)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jens, sorry but I must correct you ....Paph. papuanum fma. leslieanum
I certainly stretch my weapons, being beaten at my own game, Rudolf, and stand justly reproached! 🫣

By the way, it seems, that our tainted reputation as incorrigible nitpickers, now lead people to confuse the authorship of our respective posts - see: Laeila pururata werckhauseri

Last edited:
...as long as someone is also considering Paph. papuanum fma. dirkianum - I shall not unbelt my dirk (A long Scottish dagger with a straight blade) and you can keep playing waldorf and stattler ;)

Dirk

...as long as someone is also considering Paph. papuanum fma. dirkianum - I shall not unbelt my dirk (A long Scottish dagger with a straight blade) and you can keep playing waldorf and stattler ;)
Dirk, of course fma. dirkianum is a possibility, but would require a readiness on your part to make an offer for the progress of botanical science, as pointed at by Rudolf:
... you will need a plant for a holotypus (in a herbarium)
I wonder, if you could somehow negotiate this with Olaf (ORG)?

In case it was not obvious; "fma. dirkianum" was a joke building on prior name suggestions. My personal contribution (flowering a single seedling someone else has created) certainly does not warrrant to have it named after me and I think a latin name like alboviride or similar would be more appropriate.
I have explained my next steps with the plant after flowering and of course I will continue to share any information with Olaf. I trust he will do whatever is possible - if anything - in his own time and priority.

I certainly stretch my weapons, being beaten at my own game, Rudolf, and stand justly reproached! 🫣

By the way, it seems, that our tainted reputation as incorrigible nitpickers, now lead people to confuse the authorship of our respective posts - see: Laeila pururata werckhauseri
Yes, it s me. Life is not easy over 50....☝️😁

Latest posts

Back