Paph Orchilla 'Chilton' FCC/AOS and Parents

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because all three have been in bloom this winter, I thought it might be interesting to show Paph Orchilla and its parents. I'm not certain that these cultivars are the actual parents, but Orchilla came from a cross of these two hybrids.

PaphOrchillaChilton.jpg

PaphPaeonyRegency-1.jpg

PaphRedstartChilton-1.jpg

It is interesting that even though Redstart is somewhat open, Orchilla is even rounder and fuller than Paeoney. Both Paeoney and Orchilla are fairly good parents for breeding reds. When bred to vinicolors they work a little better than Winston Churchill, in that there is not quite as many deformed flowers.
Nice to see all three together.
Thanks

I agree, very interesting.

I have an Orchilla x delenatii, but it's not bloomed yet. I think it should be an interesting flower.

Great to see a Paeony that isn't cuppy....When I had my Paeony "Regency", it never fully opened...always somewhat cuppy.....I've seen many photos of it that way as well....take care, Eric

Orchilla as parent

Orchilla is an excellent paph but rarely makes a good parent. A cross I wouldn't normally buy is Orchilla x Goultenianum but somehow I finished up with one. If I can work the photo up load properly I'll show you the pic.
Roy

Attachments

• OrchillaxGoultenianum.jpg
    OrchillaxGoultenianum.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 26
Orchilla as parent

Managed to get the first pic up so I'll try again with a pic of my P. Paeony "Regency' from last year. I have found that Paeony will open better if the temp is not too high.

Roy.

Attachments

• PaeonyRegency.gif
    PaeonyRegency.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back