• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paph Ooii anyone?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hang in there Ed it will puill through. I've been advised to grow on the acidic side. I potted mine up in tree fern fiber with a very thin layer of "live" moss on top. Spray first with your favorite fungicide.

I bought one at the Pacific Orchid Expo this year and it was in rough shape. One root and essentially one leaf. Needless to say I was late the party when it came to buying this species at the show. The price was right so I jumped on the opportunity. The plant now has several new roots and a couple new leaves.

tyler

I bought one at the Pacific Orchid Expo this year and it was in rough shape. One root and essentially one leaf. Needless to say I was late the party when it came to buying this species at the show. The price was right so I jumped on the opportunity. The plant now has several new roots and a couple new leaves.

tyler

Interesting. That sounds like a respectable growth rate for this species. What are your culture conditions? I remember Xavier saying that ooii likes similar conditions to kolopakingii (lots of water and fertiliser when in active growth. If I remember correctly he said it is a fast grower too).

Back