• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paph Ooii anyone?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

couscous74

Would anyone be interested in buying Paph Ooii?
I spoke with the plant's namesake yesterday about offering preorders of these to ST members.
Each plant will have its own individual CITES certificate.
Plants will be imported to Redland show in May, and sent out to you or available for pickup at the show.
Plants will only be available by preorder. No extra plants will be brought for sale at booth.
Price is expected to be $150 plus shipping, for mature plants. Will add details next week of plant size and flower pics.
PM me and I will email you more details as we have them.

Wow!!! Wish I still had a job so I could afford this wonderful offer!!! Thanks for doing the leg work!!!

Very tempting. Where is the plants coming from? Interested on playing but I am not from the US. Good luck to whoever will participate.

I really hope that we can get some of these. Though it is different and some would say not as appealing as most multi florals I really like it. Who knows what it could do in hybrids. It may certainly pass on that long stem and high flower count. I would like to cross it with supardii and or randsii to get some different looking things.

I assume from this post, that means Michael Ooi has successfully raised ooii seedlings to flowering size? That must be some feat... Curious to know what the plants on offer actually look like..

Thank you for pointing out my mistake paphioboy. These are now going to be large seedlings / near mature size.

Since you live in Penang, you should stop by the nursery and see all the plants for yourself.

Thank you for pointing out my mistake paphioboy. These are now going to be large seedlings / near mature size.

Since you live in Penang, you should stop by the nursery and see all the plants for yourself.

Still, large mature seedlings means he has cultivated them successfully for a number of years, which would be impressive given the lack of information for this species. Michael Ooi recently posted several pictures of his parent ooii plants and some seedlings (not sure if they are those he is going to sell) established in his highland garden in Gunung Jerai. I have not been there, but I assume it is not open to the public...

What happened with these? Did anyone actually order any, if so, what were they like. How about posting a couple of pics on the paph picture page?

Latest posts

Back