Paph. Olympic Spots

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruth

LovesPaphs
Reaction score
Paph Olympic Spots
I wasn't sure where I should post this, as I got this in the last ST auction and I am very pleased with the flower. As you can see it is a complex. When it sent up buds, it decided to make 2 and at first I thot it was great. The sideways flower was the first bud and it open up 2nd, sideways. (I thot they might be face to face.) I wouldn't be concerned, as it is a first bloom, but I have another complex that is in bud and is doing the same thing. It has bloomed for me many times, and only has one flower per fan. I am trying to figure out what caused it. The only fertilizer I have given is KLite, about an 8th tsp per gal. about every 2wks with RO water, and a pinch of oyster shell, a pinch epson salts about every 6 wks. I water as needed with my tap water (tds about 185) I am happy they are blooming, but......

Here's a photo of Paph Greenvale's buds.

Seems like your culture is working well. The bumper car blossoms are a bit of a bummer but I like Ozpaphs suggestion.

Your Olympic Spots is great!
IMO the second bud is a sign of a good culture (and a genetical issue too). I most times remove the second bud to get a better presentation of the remaining flower.

Thanks for all the nice compliments!!!!
Sorry for whining! Just want it to be perfect. :eek:
I will try putting cotton balls on the other plant as the buds get bigger.
I would have a hard time cutting one of the buds off.

Lovely. It is very difficult to get complexes to display two blooms at the same time, as they tend to have a very short special interval. The simplest way is to do as suggested, ... Remove the second bud. The first bud will give you more pleasure presented and displayed to its best, rather than a cluster of two squashed blooms, neither displayed to its best potential (sad, but true)

Latest posts

Back