Paph Olenus

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bench72

Currently blooming

1893355406_9f7c56a4e7.jpg

It does have a wonky pouch... still I'm thankful for the bloom!

Very nice!

I think you should give it to Candace though.
She could present it for judging and then it
would need a clonal name.....:poke:

I love it!

Craig

I'm surprised that Paph ciliolare isn't used more often in crosses since it produces flowers like this......Guess it might have more to do with a relative scarcity of plants, although it's a nice thing in itself. Also, this flower has minimal streaking compared to many Paph bellatulum hybrids.

Yes, you're right, I think Candace would do a much better job of getting this baby to the judging table. Unfortunately, during the forming of the bud, I had mealy bug issues and sprayed with Eco Oil (which is meant to be environmentally friendly) but I think it still caused the funny pouch :(

Don't judge yourself too harshly, you seem to have managed to get a nice bloom even though you had some mealies. And if I had this plant, it might have gotten chewed on by rats!

Really you must have done well. The bloom is great and so the pouch is a little off this time. It's certainly a keeper and the flower is really nice. You must be doing something right. The remark about Candace and judging was just a jibe at her for all her recent awards. You never know when something will be awarded.....well I guess sometimes you do, but my first award took me completely by surprise. Just before I went to the show I was telling my partner that I didn't have anything in the show that was award quality. Much to my surprise I did.

Anyway, I love the flower.

Hats off.

Craig

Latest posts

Back