Paph Oberhausen's Diament comparison

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Two Plants from the same cross:
POberhausensDiamentCCII1.jpg

This is the second one from 2006
PaphOberihausensDiamentCrookedCreek.jpg

The second one in 2008
POber.jpg

I like the second one since it has a wider dorsal sepals. Form is cultural a better grown plant will support a better looking flower. Or did you accidentally switch the plants? The first and the flowering in 2008 looks alike! Even the markings of the dorsal sepals are eerily the same (notice the splitting on the stripe on the outer most right hand side and the wave on the top of the dorsal sepals).

Ramon:)

I like the second one since it has a wider dorsal sepals. Form is cultural a better grown plant will support a better looking flower. Or did you accidentally switch the plants? The first and the flowering in 2008 looks alike! Even the markings of the dorsal sepals are eerily the same (notice the splitting on the stripe on the outer most right hand side and the wave on the top of the dorsal sepals).

Ramon:)

Ramon I think you are right! Dang! I'll have to go back and re-photography the second OD. The second one actually has a little bit better color to the flower and more twisting to the pedals but the first one is slightly larger.

Boo Boos happen, that's why we have an open forum to straighten out errors:) Thanks again Ramon

Latest posts

Back