Paph. Norito Hasegawa (or not?)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamlet

Reaction score
This is supposed to be Norito Hasegawa (malipoense x armeniacum) but I don't really see any armeniacum in it.

Maybe it's Shun Fa Golden (hangianum x malipoense)? The petals and dorsal are bigger than they look, the flower is very cupped. It's the first bloom so maybe it will be a bit flatter next time. It's a big flower, though, 15cm wide!

pb0307190budy.jpg

pb020712-2buupl.jpg

pb020717-23sunw.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Can't say for sure, since it's a hybrid, but it does look like Shun-Fa. The color isn't impossible for Norito Hasegawa, but most I have seen are in the 11-13cm range, and the petals are more triangular. Yours looks like it would be approaching 17, if it were flat, which is completely out of the ball park for NH. What does the plant look like?

Thank you for the comments!

Can't say for sure, since it's a hybrid, but it does look like Shun-Fa. The color isn't impossible for Norito Hasegawa, but most I have seen are in the 11-13cm range, and the petals are more triangular. Yours looks like it would be approaching 17, if it were flat, which is completely out of the ball park for NH. What does the plant look like?

Yeah, I figured it should be more yellow. It's definitely mislabeled.

This is the plant, leaf span is 35cm, so not a small plant:

pb040745dhss9.jpg

Those leaves are definitely not NH, rather typical of hang or emersonii hybrids with other parvi.

Plants size of both malipoense and hangianum can be quite large depending on the clones.
Same with NH. One of mine is huge! And then I have one that is a size of typical armeniacum, which I prefer so I could save space. :)

Latest posts

Back