Paph Norito Hasegawa 'Highclere' HCC/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozpaph

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the story........
I purchased this on eBay a few years ago and immediately after the auction I was contacted anonymously and told the plant wasn't what it was advertised as. I contacted the seller with my concerns and they assured me it was a division of the awarded plant and confirmed its providence.
But here's the twist. If you look up the AOC awards register (http://orchidsaustralia.com.au/inde...anel=All&SortBy=SortName&type=2&submit=select) Award 3150 photo is clearly not Norito Hasegawa and this flower doesnt look anything like the award photo, but if you click the link to the award description, they seem to match.

To top it all off, I think its actually a Fumi's Delight. Now that its awarded I wont be changing the name. It nice whatever it is.

It's clearly not a NH and I would not leave the that name attached to the plant. The staminode is all wrong. Look into FD and hang by malipo, see what you can find.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

David, though I posted at the start of that thread I have no recollection of the following pages. I obviously didnt make the link between that thread and the eBay listing. Its a pity those original pictures aren't viewable.
I doubt it will still be in flower for the next TAPS meeting. It would be good to ask the judges what the accepted position is regarding mislabelled plants being awarded. I assume they wont change anything, especially as the awards photo is clearly a mistake, too.

Regardless I like the flower.

I'm always surprised when such blatantly incorrectly labelled plants are given awards under the clearly wrong name. I suppose it comes down to poorly trained judges and/or an unreliable process. Seems to me that an expert on the genus (or at least the general sub-family / alliance) should be required to review the awards and revise or revoke as needed. It's so blatantly obvious that this plant isn't P. Norito Hasegawa that it makes the judges who awarded it look bad (frankly).

Nevertheless, it's a gorgeous flower with great shape and good coloration (for a Fumi's Delight or similar). So, I'd be happy with that in my collection as well.

Latest posts

Back