Paph niveum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Mike I took a few PICS of the godefroyae in and out of the clay pot. My tag has a potting date of 7/16/16 so not quite a year.
In the pot as of today:
Then it knocked out: a nice new root showing along with the old roots in great shape.
The last PIC: what was left in the pot after plant was removed.
Take note; not a lot of ProMix used in the pot overall.View attachment 12961View attachment 12962View attachment 12963

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Sorry for the late reply Rick (are you still alive? :p) How is the clay pot/leca/pro mix set up going now. Still doing the same?

Nice P. niveum with dark foliage, lovely.

After visiting southern California and seeing they basically don't heat at all. I figured I was pampering mine too much. Winter only last two months at the most here, January, February. We had one day this past winter the temp got down to the freezing mark. I left armeniacum, villosum, dianthum, micranthum and esquirolei out all winter except for that one day and they're doing great. I posted the villosum aureum when it bloomed. All were in net baskets and they dried out pretty good before I watered again.
You're a lucky one with growing your plants in that climate in the open.

Rick, I'm impressed too seeing your P. godefroyae growing nicely in your potting mix which is almost Leca balls (burned clay). I wouln't expected that, because I experimented with these balls too, many years ago, although with plastic pots and without success. Maybe the clay pot is the trick.

Back