Paph. niveum var. ang thong 'Maybrook', AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, those are very nice plants. Never thought of Brachys as hard to grow plants really. In general, do you guys find them harder to grow than parvis?

That's a nice and extremely well grown plant, very enjoyable!

Thanks a lot for posting Dicks set-up. I'm looking for a way to treat my Brachys separately within the GH and that bench gave me a good idea of how to do it.

This is one of our favorite brachys and seldom seen, although quite popular in the 80's and 90's. Here's one we acquired when we bought Birchwood Orchids from the Clement's estate.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Brachy Case Update - May 2010

Since this thread was recently revived, I thought folks might enjoy seeing a couple photos from this year (2010). While it is nearly the exact same time of year as the previous photos in this thread, there a few different things in bloom.

case_2010_05_22a.jpg

case_2010_05_22b.jpg

The topic paph shown in the first post of this thread is located second from left on the lower shelf. It took a little bit of a rest after last year's performance.

Of note - the smaller paph on the extreme left of the lower shelf is another labeled as Paph. niveum var. ang thong that I received in 1987 in a shipment from Supchadiwong. The three flowers have much shorter and weaker stems than the 'Maybrook' cultivar next door, however the flowers are quite similar even though they are a bit smaller.

Latest posts

Back