Paph. niveum & Paph Mystic Isle

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramon's plant is lovely, no matter what it is! I'd be very, very happy to host it here! And Cliokchi, those linebred niveum are stunning.

Yours and parent plant get my vote for Paph Ang-Thong

Yes, that's also my opinion. The parent plants is actually Paph Ang-thong, but one of those tending more towards the Paph niveum end of the gradient... once selfed, you can get any possible results within this gradient: niveum > Greyi > godefroyae...

Ramón, you've got a nice ang-thong there, I guess. And Hilmars pic of the parent "Graue" shows that his wife Anja is an excellent grower :D

Cliokchis niveums are untypical, but nonetheless they are mouthwatering!

Ramón, you've got a nice ang-thong there, I guess. And Hilmars pic of the parent "Graue" shows that his wife Anja is an excellent grower :D

Thanks!

By the way, that plant is not grown by Hilmar's wife.. The plant actually does not belong to Hilmar but a "good friend of him", who let him self it and get the seeds (acc. to Hilmar's communication!), but yes, this friend is an excellent grower... :) the plant looks great, as well as all the plants around it!

Thanks!

By the way, that plant is not grown by Hilmar's wife.. The plant actually does not belong to Hilmar but a "good friend of him", who let him self it and get the seeds (acc. to Hilmar's communication!), but yes, this friend is an excellent grower... :) the plant looks great, as well as all the plants around it!

I think I know who you're talking about and can confirm that this person knows his Paphs.

I think I know who you're talking about and can confirm that this person knows his Paphs.
You say that... I have no clue about that person :) but something interesting I've learned after receiving the picture from Hilmar, and of course inquiring about several things, was the growing of "rot sensible" plants (e.g. Brachypetalum) in ceramic pots. Apparently, both the owner of Paph. neveum 'Graue' and Hilmar itself, have seen a good improvement in their plants when grown in ceramic pots.

Back