Paph niveum 'No. 1'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this from Bloomfield Orchids in bud at our show a number of years ago and it has survived rigors! I would say from what it has put up with that niveum can handle some dryness. It is not flat, though I haven't been around to keep it properly hydrated since its been opening so might have opened more if so. There is a tiny bit of fragrance I think; pleasant but not sure what like. Very fine spotting on petals and pouch.

0040a84953d92a1decb89dbf31582a2f.jpg

All

6da9482460163d15948054916f1a2f38.jpg

Closeup in HDR on new phone.

It does have a slightly yellow cast here in the shade but might be more white in sun (but details would blast with the bright light). I took the closeup in HDR but I don't remember exactly what that is :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my old camera has quit, unfortunately i tried to fix it when it partially worked.
long story short I bought an excellent quality canon 5d which actually is older than my previous 30d but has a full frame sensor so is supposed to have excellent image quality. this niveum has held on til now so i took some pics at work yesterday to test out the camera

niveum5d815a.JPG

niveum5d815b.JPG

niveum5d815c.JPG

niveum5d815d.JPG

angle showing the fine red spots inside the rim of the lip

niveum5d815e.JPG

Nice.. You appear to have 2 separate plants in the same pot..

yes :( used to be more live growths in between. hopefully i'll get some new shoots.

ty. I read many reviews about the 5d and some in person who told me I was better off having the 5d over the 6D. I think i'd be better off with a 6d ; but considering that it looked brand new from the box and the shutter counter in the menu read something like '6641', I'm pretty sure it has a lot of life left in it. actually my 30d only has 3200 so I may send it to be fixed even though it would be cheaper to buy a used one from keh. when i'm editing pictures in canon photo pro, I see that the color adjustment is different from what i'd normally do for my 30d pictures in raw, different saturation and all that. i'm pleased with what i've seen so far doing test snaps and checking out images close up. detail of the hairs on this niveum near the pollinia looked very sharp!

I'm pretty sure it has a lot of life left in it. actually my 30d only has 3200

That's about 5 days worth shooting in Florida for me.
I always thought Canon repair was expensive.

Next year I will be looking to get away from the 7d and move up to 5Diii.
Waiting for next price drop...

Let me know if you could be at Ricketts Glen State Park by 7:30am.
Maybe Sept 29th. for the first time.
Around Oct. 12/13th for later trip.
Thanks Charles.

I'd be at work on Tuesday sept 29th 730am. October 12-13 again would be at work unless I'd worked the weekend before and had some flex time.
I tried to buy a 6D on ebay from a pawn shop; has buy it now or best offer. Nobody bought it at set price and didn't look like he accepted anyone's offer
I'll likely send my other camera to be fixed; if I don't use it could eventually trade it in

Latest posts

Back