Paph niveum frm. album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leslie, meanwhile I harvested all pollen and they are waiting in the fridge for shipping. Also I asked the Deutsche Post/German Mail if shipping to Canada would be possible at the moment and they told me -YES but only letters and maxi letters, no small parcels or parcels. If you send me a message with your address I will send a maxi letter next Monday, so hopefully it will arrive few days later.

Last edited:
Leslie, meanwhile I harvested all pollen and they are waiting in the fridge for shipping. Also I asked the Deutsche Post/German Mail if shipping to Canada would be possible at the moment and they told me -YES but only letters and maxi letters, no small parcels or parcels. If you send me a message with your address I will send a maxi letter next Monday, so hopefully it will arrive few days later.
Thanks Rudolf!

Don, I think they got more attention than normal as I would have been away 3-4 weeks during this period from March to May.

Fingers crossed DD.

Very well grown plant. Nice crisp white flowers.

GuRu I used to spend several weeks a year there for work, mostly in Vedado or other parts of city, but all over the island, except for East. It has been 6 years, but I don’t think much has changed.

nos vemos-

Leslie ,
1 Flask/25 plants niveum album cost 300$ in EU . In Thailand 60 Euro /Flask .
Why so much work

Leslie, the pollen are now in the hand of the Deutsche Post/German Mail and will hopefully arrive soon. Good luck!
Thanks Guru! I will store it until my niveum album blooms. Still in very low spike. Will update with thread when it openbs. Hopefully it is as nice as yours.

Leslie ,
1 Flask/25 plants niveum album cost 300$ in EU . In Thailand 60 Euro /Flask .
Why so much work
Hakone, I like to select my own plants to breed too. In addition to what Guru said, time is all we have. In the meantime I have hundreds of plants to grow and bloom (many babies LOL and adult plants).

What is your method to store pollen?
I know, there was already a discussion about, but some more input might be useful...
Thanks

What is your method to store pollen?
I know, there was already a discussion about, but some more input might be useful...
Thanks
I used to store the yellow pollen out of capsule in a paper towel, but that dried the pollen mass. So I was advised (by paph breeders) to store in a wax paper, folded and stored in plastic envelope or baggy. Then label name/date, and store in bottle into the chiller veggie section of fridge (not freezer). Not sure how long pollen is viable but I have stored pollen that are 10 years old lol. Most say it’s best to use in a 3-6 month period.

Thanks Leslie,
so dried pollen is no longer viable?
Guess I did it wrong, I dried the pollen with silica before storing the pollen in a test tube in the fridge.
I found that somwhere in the internet.
Sorry for being a little of topic.

Thanks Leslie,
so dried pollen is no longer viable?
Guess I did it wrong, I dried the pollen with silica before storing the pollen in a test tube in the fridge.
I found that somwhere in the internet.
Sorry for being a little of topic.
I'm not sure if dried pollen is not viable or not for all, but you can always try. I have pollinated Cattleya labiata with pollen as old as 2 years dried lol.

Well pollen has finally landed!! Thanks Guru. What a crazy story with the postal service over there lol.

My niveum album is slowly opening under the careful eyes of her friends around her. She’s a little shy ☺️

View attachment 20004 View attachment 20001 View attachment 20003 View attachment 20002
ANTICIPATION!!!
Well pollen has finally landed!! Thanks Guru. What a crazy story with the postal service over there lol.

My niveum album is slowly opening under the careful eyes of her friends around her. She’s a little shy ☺️

View attachment 20004 View attachment 20001 View attachment 20003 View attachment 20002
ANTICIPATION...

Latest posts

Back