Paph niveum frm. album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In march I travelled for almost 4 week to the Caribbean like almost every year. Due to the corona crisis my journey this year was at the end a bit strange. Anyway, when I came back I found my P. niveum frm. album flowering, this time with 4 spikes. As you can see, not all flowers are perfect.....but that's life.

06958_20.04.11_paph_niveum_frm._album.jpg

Where in the Caribbean did you go? We were supposed to be on a cruise there last week

Linus this is an US based forum so.....pssst don't say too loudly!!....I'm always on one's own on the largest Island of the Caribbean and its name starts with C and ends with ba.

Linus this is an US based forum so.....pssst don't say too loudly!!....I'm always on one's own on the largest Island of the Caribbean and its name starts with C and ends with ba.
Hmmm I wonder where that is since we Canadians (like the rest of the world) can go there lol.

Rudolf, please save me a pollen (or two) so I can use it on my niveum album when it decides to bloom (anytime soon lol). Thanks!

Hmmm I wonder where that is since we Canadians (like the rest of the world) can go there lol.

Indeed Leslie, I always meet there lots of Canadians...
Rudolf, please save me a pollen (or two) so I can use it on my niveum album when it decides to bloom (anytime soon lol). Thanks!

Of course I would be a pleasure to do this. Do you have experience to store it, in the fridge or the freezer? Seems the best way to wait some time until I will send it to you because at the moment the connections between Europe and America/Canada are low almost shut down.

I’m sure you have family there...

No Linus, I don't have family there, just few good acquaintances (I'm cautious with the term 'friend' because friendship must grow and last over years). I'm there for scuba diving, hiking and some other activities......sometimes also relaxing.

Beautifull sight. Even though the childr(en?) on the back seat(s) seem to have been longing so much for Daddy to return, that they crumbled a wee bit under the emotional strain! It's almost like they are saying: Daddy, next time you stay at home and take care of us, instead of roaming the world, enjoying yourself with scuba diving, hiking and god knows what! ;)

It would be very interesting to see, what size the plant needs to have to flaunt so many flowers - might we see a bit more of the plant in toto?

Kind regards,
Jens

Beautifull sight. Even though the childr(en?) on the back seat(s) seem to have been longing so much for Daddy to return, that they crumbled a wee bit under the emotional strain! It's almost like they are saying: Daddy, next time you stay at home and take care of us, instead of roaming the world, enjoying yourself with scuba diving, hiking and god knows what! ;)

Jens, life is hard and you can't satisfy every wish. :)

It would be very interesting to see, what size the plant needs to have to flaunt so many flowers - might we see a bit more of the plant in toto?

Of cause can I take another photo of the plant in toto, but I think you understand its size better, when I tell you its measurements. This plant and all other Brachys sits in an 11 cm pot. The lenght of a single leaf is 6,5 - 7 cm, leaf-span is 13 - 14 cm.

Thank you, Rudolf! The one last bit of information, that is needed to satisfy my curiosity completely: how many growths?

Jens, altogether 7 shoots, 4 new ones which are flowering and 3 older ones. I've been growing this plant now for about 15 years and it's strange that the frm. album grows more vigorous that the straight niveum.

Indeed Leslie, I always meet there lots of Canadians...

Of course I would be a pleasure to do this. Do you have experience to store it, in the fridge or the freezer? Seems the best way to wait some time until I will send it to you because at the moment the connections between Europe and America/Canada are low almost shut down.
That would be awesome. Best way to store pollinia is on a wax paper (or tissue if nothing else available), put inside a dry prescription plastic container, into the fridge (not freezer) with name and date. When you are ready to mail, let me know and I will PM my address. Yayyy future babies!

Latest posts

Back