Paph niveum culture / medium???

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input everyone, this evening I took the time to repot the plant and I'll show a few pictures to give you an idea what the plant looks like and what I did.

This is how the plant was prior to repotting, a small new growth emerging but very slow as far as I'm concerned. There was also no new root development to be seen through the clear pot.
IMG_0996.jpg

The following shot shows the bare root plant. Roots still look as good as they did when I repotted it earlier this year.
IMG_0999.jpg

This is the "mergel" substance I referred to earlier, it's quite soft and it easily crumbles into smaller pieces. Rubbing it with your hand will make fine sand like particles come loose.
IMG_0997.jpg

This is the potting mix that I made for the plant, primarily bark with "mergel", perlite and coal. I decided to add no spagnum.
IMG_0998.jpg

And this is the plant after repotting, in a day or two ( it's quite humid here atm ) I'll water it and move it to a brighter part of the house.
IMG_1000.jpg

I'll keep you updated on how this change works out for the plant.

Back