Paph. Nivesque Satin 'Silver Creek' HCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianlang

Reaction score
This was awarded a 79 pt. HCC at the chicago judging center on Sat 9-11-10.

Attachments

• Paph. Nivesque Satin Silver Creek HCCAOS.JPG
    Paph. Nivesque Satin Silver Creek HCCAOS.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 131
:clap::clap::clap: Congratulations!!
I keep saying when of these Saturdays I should go to judging!

You definitely should, Rose. It's fun, and you learn a lot.

Brian, do you want a copy of this?

Attachments

• P9110025.JPG
    P9110025.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 55
WHAT!!!???? Brian - did you leave something out - like How many flowers are on that plant??? :drool::drool::drool:

Awesome, Brian. I knew one of these would get awarded eventually. Glad I got a couple before I got out of dodge.

6 flowers and 4 buds on 7 inflorescences, natural spread 10.2 cm x 7.3 cm. yes li'lfrog send me a copy of that. i like your pic better than mine. i can grow them pretty well , but my photography skills leave a lot to be desired.

Brian, welcome to Slippertalk!

I do think this is an unusual flower, with it's wavy petals and dorsal sepal. But quite lovely, I think.

wow. that's a long time!
have they been blooming or is this one of the first to bloom?

To answer from my experience... Brian has exhibited a couple different clones of this grex religiously in the Blackhawk OS's (Rockford, IL) display at the Milwaukee show (mid-September) every year for maybe the past six or seven years, possibly more. They can bloom other seasons too, and Brian's Nivesque Satins pop up in other shows here and there throughout the year. They are specimen plants in pots 6" and up (mostly larger) and filling the pots. Brian can grow the pants off Paphs, and he has some real classics! A couple divisions of this grex from Brian now reside in Orlando, FL. I love this cross! It takes the best of both parents. The full segments, nice form, and white background of niveum and the gentle waviness, pink overlay (brown becomes pink in these cases- thankfully), and tall stem from hir v esq. Now if Brian could get the white chalk off his plants' leaves... :poke: :) His plants seem to love it though.

Latest posts

Back