Paph. Muriel's Pearl, anyone have one?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandy2705

Reaction score
I got this one today, it was discounted as the blooms have all fallen off. I saw that it has MANY new growths, I counted 4. They were also 2 microscopic speckled green buds that may turn out to be new growths too! I repotted in 20% sphagnum and 80% bark, charcoal, and small perlite mix. It was originally potted in bark, charcoal, perlite mix. I had to add sphagnum bc the only kind of bark I had was kinda big. The roots on this orchid were amazing! Extensive and ALL healthy, nice growing tips too. I looked up a pic of the bloom at the store (Island Orchid) and it sealed the deal. It's a white bloom ❤️ I tried to look up so info online and on orchid forums but it didn't turn up anything. Does anyone have this orchid and would you like to share its growing characteristics and culture that works for you? O and pics too pls :)
62e6bf3aeaf542e15181f5d3f1d8f01c.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436997433.492735.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436997433.492735.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 9
Thank you edkravcik, they have a beautiful pic, I am excited :) Ozpaph thank you and NYEric that's great info, thank you for looking that up. I will look up the parents and see what they like :)

Paph. Muriel's Pearl is composed of species of which 100% take warm temperatures and 63% take hot temperatures. Grow this hybrid in warm to hot conditions, or 66°F to 85°F at night.
60%-70% humidity. Do NOT allow mature plants to dry out between waterings. Grow in a plastic pot with media that drains well but retains moisture. Commonly cultivated indoors. Fertilize weekly, very lightly (one quarter the normal dose). Common media: fine fir bark, with a little perlite.
From OrchidWiz. This is one of Graham Wood's crosses. Great plants

I must be doing it wrong NYEric, I didn't get anything. I must have misplaced a letter. Orchidsinabq, thank you so very much!

Latest posts

Back